This delicious meringue was the last baking dish I baked before my oven blew up last week. I was so devastated and shattered that I'm not be able to bake for at least 2 weeks or may be a month until this thing is sorted. On the bright side, I get brand spanking new oven, although it's pretty hard to find the one that is reliable with great function and affordable in the market. Just need to keep searching
Oh well, gotta treasure this meringue! The great thing about this yummy meringue is they are crispy and light texture.
Meringue with Mocha Bailey Cream
2 Egg White
1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
2 tsp Cornflour
Few drops of Bailey
150 Dark Chocolate, melted
65g Unsalted Butter, melted
1/2 cup Nutella
1 Cup (250ml) Thickened Cream, whipped
1.Preheat oven to 100 Celcius and Line 2 baking paper.
2. Using Electric Beaters, beat egg white until stiff peaks form, whisk in sugar, then fold in cornflour. Then beat in high setting for 10 minutes.
3. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle and pipe 2cm apart on trays.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Leave in the switched-off oven for 1 hour to dry and cool completely
Meringue oh Sweet Meringue...
5. Place Chocolate, Butter, Nutella and few drops of Bailey in a bowl, then beat with electric beaters until thick and glossy.
6. Just Before serving , spread half the meringues with bailey cream and the remaining meringues with whipped cream. Sandwich together and serve.