What is your comfort food? This Churros dips in Dark Chocolate Sauce is definitely falls under one of my comfort food category. I love sweet and fried food, guilty!. Who needs San Churro while you can make your own and indulge yourself for rich late night snacks or breakfast snacks?
Here they are for the one who has sweet tooth like me.
Churros with Dark Chocolate Dip
110 g Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
30 g Butter
150 g Plain Flour
1/2 teaspoon finely grated Orange Zest
1/4 teaspoon Caster Sugar
Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
1. Combine 110 g Caster Sugar and Cinnamon. Spread mixture out on a plate
2. Put the Butter, Flour, Orange Zest, Caster Sugar, 170 ml Water and pinch of salt in a sauce pan. Stir over low heat until the butter softens and forms a dough with the other ingredients. Continue to cook for further 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the dough forms a ball around the spoon and leaves a coating on the base of the pan.
3. Transfer the dough to a food processor and with the motor running, add the eggs one at a time. Do not over work, if the dough is to soft, return it to the pan and cook, stirring over low heat until it is firmer. Spoon the dough into a piping bag fitted with 1/4 inch nozzle
4. Heat the oil in a wide sauce pan. Pipe 8-10 cm lengths of batter into the oil, a few at a time. The easy technique is to pipe with one hand and cut the batter off using kitchen scissors in the other hand
5. Cook the churros for about 3 minutes or until puffed and golden, turning once or twice. Drain on paper towel. While still hot, toss them in the sugar cinnamon mixture and serve at once
Dark Chocolate Sauce
2 Tablespoons Corn Flour
500 ml Milk and 2 Tablespoons, extra
200 g Dark Chocolate
Sugar, to taste
1. Mix the corn flour and 2 Tablespoons to form a smooth paste.
2. Put the chocolate and remaining milk in a sauce pan and whisk constantly over low heat until just warm. Add the corn flour paste. Whisking constantly, cook the mixture until it just begins to boil.
3. Remove from heat, add sugar to taste and whisk for 1 minute. Serve with the Churros